Monday, May 19, 2014

The Green Mountain State ... Don't Step on Me!


We have arrived!
A little bit of NZ in Vermont

It is the end of Spring here in Windsor VT ... the days are blue and sunny with a slight cool breeze ... Mike and Chris talk about how warm the days are here at the moment, having come out of a long and hard winter ... I still feel like it is a little cool at times ... the difference in hemispheres, but we are enjoying our warm blue days, such a contrast from Christchurch and so good to be away from grey, grey, grey and then wet, wet, wet ... isn't that the name of a song ... an 80s song? 


I find it weird to see daffodils and tulips in the gardens here ... I took a photo for you lucy ... 

For lucy ... I thought of you 

I have been completely disorientated and have had no idea what day it is or where north/south/east/west is or even the time ... the days seem to be very long! But I think that is because I am running on two clocks ... Southern and Northern Hemispheres ...

This describes us at the moment

We are loving spending time with lars and Roxcy ... they are the cutest children. Roxcy runs everywhere and talks away to herself all the time. She is very assertive ... knows exactly what she wants and is a very confident little girl ... and to top it of she has this amazing red hair! Her hair is sooo awesome! At times I try to imagine her with hair a different color and I can't. I think Roxcy would be a completely different girl without her amazing red hair. She is tiny but mighty ... seriously! A little girl that knows her mind and where she is going and she is so extroverted.

lars is the cutest ... he told me today that he loved Pete and Roxcy loved me. I asked him if he loved me too and he said 'No' ... what do you say? He has an amazing run ... like his whole body is going at the same speed ... I really cannot describe it ... I hope to get a video up of him running at some point. We went to watch him at Karate on Saturday morning, he works so hard and is one of the youngest in his group. He is pretty good I think ... but does get distracted by the others in the class. He starts school in August. He is a lovely little boy who has a real sense of adventure like his Dad ... he has a whole other world going on in his head, like he lives in two worlds. He rides his bike like a BMX and he looks really proud of his riding achievements.

After School Treats!
Bath Time with Lars' Cars
Lars' Cars from Great Grandma

We took the children out for an evening walk around Lake Runnemeade. Mike and Chris' house backs onto it. It is a manmade water reserve and it is beautiful. There are fish, frogs, beavers, and turtles. We took a photo for the Matthews children ... we are going out again tonight to see if we can see some larger ones ... it is their mating season.
For the Matthews
I took this photo with the zoom lense of our camera ... it is a bit blurry, but not bad for a novice! I thought of the Matthews children when I saw these two sitting on their log and I could not help but think what fun they would have here and what a wonderful world it would look to them and through their eyes ... they would have so much fun here ... I will take a photo of a beavers home next time. They are huge given the size of the beavers and it must take them ages to build!

We have been staying at The Inn since we arrived ... which has been really good, it has given us time to adjust to a new time zone and recover from our flights. The Inn is beautiful and the beds are so comfortable ... tonight we move in with Mike and Chris and we are looking forward to staying with them and being closer to the children.
The Princess and the Pea Bed
 While we have been here I have wanted to post a photo of Elizabeth and Roxcy ...
Elizabeth Cammock
Roxcy Cammock

I love the photo of these two little girls ... they are the best and to think that they are first cousins. The difference in hair color and skin color is so awesome!

Before I sign out there is one more photo that I could not resist ...
Pete having quality time with lars ...

We have done some tandem riding ... a metaphor for marriage! Looking forward to doing a lot more! But I donot want to be boring ... so you will have to wait for next time. I hope that some of you are reading this. 


7 comments:

  1. Love these pictures! It is so much having you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay leaving a comment to see if this works

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sucess, as i was saying in my other comments - love the wallpaper in the bathroom and enjoying your writing and journey : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything about this is awesome, more instagram vids also please.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jealous you stayed at the inn, the days sound perfect and how wonderful to have all that wildlife on your doorstep... Keep the posts coming, they are not boring at all

    ReplyDelete
  6. Also please post a picture of you and Pete on the random bike

    ReplyDelete