Sunday, May 25, 2014

An Evening on Lake Runnemede

I have mentioned that Mike & Chris live right on Lake Runnemede ... this is a man made lake that was left to the town by the Evart Family who made it in 1902 ... we love walking around the lake in the evenings and it is quite the hive of activity for people in the local township ... activities like fishing, running, walking, photographing for nature lovers and a place for teenagers to hang out and make out.

Pete and I went walking round the lake the other evening and it was so beautiful ...

Pete and Lake Runnemede

There was a lot happening on the lake this night ... fishing, walking and runners...but so peaceful! This photo only captures part of the lake, my favourite part is further round where the water life really comes alive. Canadian Geese settle in this part of the lake and they are scary ... so territorial ... I have been run and hissed at by one when I have run round this part of the lake. 

When we got further round there was a Beaver party going on ... I have never seen a Beaver in my life. They were awesome ... they were jumping out of the lake and then slapping their tails on the water as they dived back in. There must have been at least 4 of them! What a treat for us. I really love this part of the lake where they live ... there are 2 beaver residence on the Lake ... neighbours.
Beaver Residence # 1
Beaver Residence # 2 Note Beaver in Background

Beaver
We take Lars and Roxcy walking round the lake ... telling them we are going on a Beaver Hunt ... unfortunately tonight there were no Beaver out. There was an amazing rainbow though ... in perfect form. The children loved it.

I have one more photo to post ... this is for Tom Matthews. Pete wanted to brag about Mike's handyman expertise. 

Mike's Handy Work

Lars is standing in front of a boiler that Mike put in as a temporary replacement for one of the apartments he manages ... the boiler had blown up and the tenants had no hot water ... the part they needed was taking ages to arrive so Mike installed the above hot water tank as a gap filler until the part arrives. Pretty good work! Not to boast ...



5 comments:

  1. Hi, Digs here.
    Im sorry I havent been replying for a bit. I love the turtles and they look so cool. Ive never seen a beaver before and the beaver party sounds fun.Hug Hug Kiss Kiss. Bye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi its meg here,
    Its really cool, but I cant see the Beavers body.Can you please take a picture of the whole Beaver, next time please?I miss you, and whenare you going to come home?
    Love Meg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Henry speaking now.

    Can you please show me a real turtle next time. Cause I really want to.
    I love you. I love you Pete.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Liz
    The lake looks amazing and so does Roxys hair. What's the whether like over there?
    We miss you big time xox
    Harry

    ReplyDelete
  5. So loving the updates, can't wait to see how buff Pete gets with all that protein powder

    ReplyDelete