Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Part Two

It has taken me a few days to get Part Two together of our road trip. Since we have returned to Windsor Pete and I have been away on our own in the RV and we are planning another road trip with everyone to Canada, well Chris has really planned it all, we are going along for the ride ... leaving Friday ... that will be interesting. There will be 6 of us in the RV ... I will let you know how we all get on.

I have a mixture of photos here,  ... some people and some things.  

A rest stop in the local library in Nauvoo. Roxcy insisted that Pete read to her.

Not quite like Thailand but still beautiful ... the sun was huge as it was setting ... I could not resist.

There is no escaping traffic back up on the interstate at some point on a road trip. I think these moments are a real test of zenness.  How much in the moment am I ... can I breathe and go with the flow ... sometimes! Pete did try to take a detour at one point but he was up against our GPS that would not compromise on the route, taking on a GPS is like taking on Roxcy ... we all know where that will end up. Pete started to lose his cool ... lars said Pete 'lost his mind'. I have many memorable moments with Pete where he decides to take a different route ... a quicker route, tramping or driving ... generally it isn't and I am the one who ends up 'losing my mind'!


This is such a Roxcy look ...  a little lover and a fighter!


We spent a couple of days in Indiana and visited the RV Hall of Fame. It was amazing ... there were so many cool old RVs ... well worth a visit and I took endless photos ... there are some amazing interiors with wonderful fabrics in these old RVs. I had to be ruthless, I did not want to bore you. This is an old Travco with a mahogany dash, we looked at buying one of these when we were on our quest to buy an RV ... we had Mike looking at RVs in VT and Penny looking in Arizona. It was fun for us I am not sure it was as much fun for Mike and Penny. Every one we had them look at was 'the one' ... there was a GMC that we really liked and we were set on buying it but the seller sold it to someone else. 


This looks like a real 70s print to me ... there were so many fabrics like this. I was in heaven. 


I love the wood and the gloss finish on this  beautiful old Mahogany table ... I think Grandma and Granddad Worsfold here, my Mother's parents.


I love this kitchen ... the matt look with the dark wood. I think it is beautiful ... such a cool look. Pete and I are thinking about redoing our kitchen, which is falling apart and been well used, by lots of children and people over the last 20 years. I think this could be a very satisfying replacement! 


Get a load of this ... I know we had that in one of our house when I was growing up.

Since our purchase of our RV we have become fascinated with portable accommodation. This is an early caravan ... I love the color.


This was the most unique looking of all of the RVs ... looked a little like a bullet or submarine to me.


Yep, it is definitely summer here!


After the RV Hall of Fame we came across a Hudson Car museum ... there are some beautiful old cars in this museum that have been done up in their original colors ... I loved them. 


A Hudson Hawk ... for those of you who have watched the movie Cars ... this is one of the cars in it ... I think they are so sexy!


There are a lot of Amish in Indiana ... for those of you who don't know much about the Amish this is their mode of transport. The carriages are beautifully made. We came across this line up outside the super market. I am fascinated by the Amish ... they make yummy food and beautiful patchwork quilts. The Amish here in Indiana seemed a lot friendlier than the Amish we saw in Pennsylvania when we drove through the States in '96. 


Banana Bike race ... Lars in the lead and giving it his all.


Oh No!

A trip out on the Maid of the Mist to the bottom of the Niagara Falls ... Roxcy was not going to do it ... Pete persuaded her ... it was so much fun and the best view of the Falls. They have barrel races over the falls each year, the first person to go over was a woman in the 1800s and she lived, not all entrants come out alive.  


We visited the Aquarium which was a complete and utter waste of time. I knew when I put my head in the door it was going to be an anti climax, but there was no going back when Lars and Roxcy stepped inside. ... there was really nothing to see, but I did like the color here.


Will I ever grow up little toot ... a rPod ... these are very cool. Two person pod.  

This is what excitement looks like when you are close to home and Mum and Dad ... the children went berserk and threw everything on the floor of the RV ... they had fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment