Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Leaving on a Jet Plane


We are heading of to the States for 7 weeks ... we are looking forward to some sun ... adventure and relaxation. It is a great time of year to be flying to the Northern Hemisphere to enjoy their summer. I have had requests from a few people to blog our trip so today I start ... 

We are so excited to hang out with these guys ... we are looking forward to some very fun adventures with them ... more tandem riding and a few road trips! We just don't get to spend enough time with them. 

We are doing this trip American style ... we have bought ourselves an RV ... yep ... this will be our home when we visit the States which is quite often these days. It has been Pete's dream for a long time to own one of these ... when we were travelling he had a plan to continue to rent our house and live in a house bus driving round NZ ... I DO NOT want a house bus up our drive ... but I am happy to drive round the States in one. Mike, Pete and lars spent weeks/months looking at RVs ... discussing various models and finally narrowing it down to the real deal ... and here it is. No matter what type of RV we bought it had to have a TV ... that was Lars' specification. We plan to take Lars and Roxcy on at least two road trips while we are there.

I am guessing that Pete and I will take turns in driving ... the last time we did a big road trip round the States was in 1996 with all of our children. I was navigator for a while ... but that did not work very well ... Pete and I had some very tense moments over my map reading so I ended up driving and he navigated ... things went much smoother. We listened to Lord of the Rings ... BBC version and a lot of the Eagles, Hotel California and Joan Osborne, What if God were one of Us CDs to name some of our listening. I have been collecting a few songs for this road trip ... Maroon 5 ... Bruce Springsteen to mention just a couple. 


4 comments:

  1. Cant Wait to hear about all the adventures to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cant Wait to hear about all the adventures to come!

    ReplyDelete