Thursday, April 2, 2015

Trip Advisor ... Jakarta


We have been using Trip Advisor a lot while travelling. It is a great site that gives reviews of hotels, restaurants and tourist attractions that are written by the user. We used it all the time for accommodation. If there were at least 5 good reviews and 1 bad for a hotel we were looking at, I would book it. If there were more than 2 bad reviews I would not. Trip Advisor has been our accommodation friend. I have also enjoyed writing reviews of hotels we have stayed in. An excellent rating for us was based on the size of the room, natural light, wifi and cleanliness ... the rest was not that important. Some people complain about breakfast, TV reception, the lack of hot water and so on. Writing critically is not something I feel comfortable with, but I have got better at it. We have reviewed 25 hotels, visited 22 cities and six countries according to my profile, that does not include the US, Bulgaria, Jakarta and now Perth. I now have a green star, which signifies I am moving up the rank on Trip Advisor. I think they might miss me.

We spent 7 days in Jakarta, on our way to Perth. We had planned to stay with Pita, Tasi and their children for a few days but unfortunately they all ended up going back to NZ for Sam and Pip's wedding. When we arrived there was no one there, but Pita and Tasi had very generously said we could stay in their apartment anyway. All I can say is that if I was to do a Trip Advisor review it would be excellent in all areas. We were living in the lap of luxury and comfort that we have not enjoyed for a while. We really enjoyed spreading ourselves out, relaxing and pampering ourselves!

When doing a review on Trip Advisor there is space to post photos ... so here are our photos of our stay in Jakarta.

The whanau back in NZ while we are hanging out in Jakarta ... they look wonderful! We were so disappointed that we did not get to attend Sam and Pip's wedding. They look great together and Pip is a lovely addition to our family.

The entrance to the Pakubuwono apartments... very Posh! Certainly not what we had become used to on the rest of our trip. When we arrived the staff at the front welcomed us, helped with bags and made us feel very welcome. They are mostly young guys and very friendly and helpful. They are great with the kids and give them "high fives" when they see them. Getting into the complex requires a magnetised card ... when driving in all cars are checked for bombs I guess or other deadly weapons. When we needed to catch a taxi somewhere we would come down to this foyer and the staff would order one for us while we seated ourselves and waited. 

This is the outdoor pool and there is an indoor one. The building at the end of the pool is Sandalwood which is the apartment complex that Pita and Tasi's apartment is in ... there are 27 floors to their apartment complex.

My very own yoga space ... such a treat!

Not only did we have a shower but a tub as well and there was heaps of hot water! I had a couple of baths, with candles, so relaxing!

I got excited when I saw that Tasi had a blow dryer ... getting used to pampering myself.

The indoor pool ... I found it too warm to lap swim.

A spa, steam room and sauna ... I did not discover this until our stay was nearly over. What was I thinking ... Tasi had told me about them but I forgot. All that pampering time gone to waste.

We both enjoyed getting back into our gym programs again. This gym was impressive.

Diah ... our very own house help. She was an angel. She did our ironing, took me shopping and introduced us to Gado Gado a traditional Indonesian dish ... yummy!!! If she came into work by bus she would leave home at 6am in the morning and it took over an hour to get into the city, if she came with her husband on his scooter it was quicker.

Gado Gado and fresh fruit ... I am very excited to make this when I get back to NZ. I have grown to really like tofu and tempeh ... I love it fried and tempeh sandwiches are so yummy.

While we were staying here it was Pete's 60th birthday ... I made him a carrot cake ... despite the fact that the top of the cake slid of the bottom it was still very yummy. 

Pete watching his birthday video from lars and Roxcy ... he watched it over and over again with the same smile.

Heading out for an afternoon with family ...

Pita, Tasi and their children arrived home about midnight on the day of Pete's birthday. We took Robbie, Lydia and Adelaide to the movies and then out to Wendy's for hot chips and a cold milo drink. We had a great time and enjoyed hanging out with them. They are delightful children and we really enjoyed getting to know them again. 

Pita and Robbie on their way home from church. Robbie adores his Dad, they are so much alike.

A Sunday afternoon nap ... what else is there to do on a Sunday afternoon. 

Three generations of Cammocks. We had the best time with Pita and Tasi ... good food, great conversation, 5 star accommodation and a wonderful family. Pita and Tasi went all out for us ... we had free use of everything. Our best accommodation ever. Of course the best part is being with family again. We are so glad that we stopped of and had a few days with them. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Heading of to Perth. 


No comments:

Post a Comment