Monday, December 29, 2014

Buffalo Soldier ... Book Review


I have not done a book review for a while. I have been reading ebooks ... Lisa Unger, Lee Child and Jeffrey Dreaver. Books for a quick read with plenty of intrigue, but after a while I got bored with their predictability and plots.

I found Buffalo Soldier on the second hand book shelf of the hotel we stayed at in Delhi. I am quite confident that some of you may have already read it. I loved it from the opening page. It is a story of loss, grief, mistakes and second chances. The story is built around Terry and Laura and their foster son all lost and broken. Parallel to their story is a short history of the Buffalo Soldiers.

I really liked the way the characters developed. I thought the author wrote about loss and grief so well, I loved this book and the humanness of his characters. I am keen to read more of his work. When ever I remember India I will think of Buffalo Soldier. Those of you who are avid readers know that feeling when you find a book that you love and you get totally lost in the story and the characters ... it is no longer fiction that you are reading. That is how this story was for me.

I really hate the let down that happens when I come to the end of a book and have to say goodbye to everyone that I have met and spent the last days or weeks with. For those of you in the Southern Hemisphere who are enjoying a change of pace with summer break and are at a lose end as to what to read I recommend Buffalo Soldier. Those of you in the Northern Hemisphere who have short days and long nights ... this would be a good book to snuggle up with by a hot fire or in a warm bed with a hot chocolate. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment