Saturday, July 26, 2014

Movie Time Again

Begin Again

We have just got home from a night at the movies ... we went to see Begin Again with Mark Ruffalo and Keira Knightley. We loved it. I found myself completely engrossed. I am a Mark Ruffalo fan for a long time. Keira I could take or leave ... I find her irritating, particularly when she tries to be serious or dramatic ... sometimes she can look absolutely stunning and other times plain ... not that that really matters ... but I enjoyed her in this film and did not get irritated at all. My attraction to Mark was what got me interested in the film and wanting to see it. 

I loved the shots of NYC ... there are some really good ones ... the subway, the city, places that we recognised and had been too, recently, brought the film alive for us. I enjoyed the music, especially the last song.  Keira is no singer, but that gave the film some vulnerability. I loved the energy of the film and the sense of possibility and creative energy. Mark Ruffalo is great as a washed up loser! I loved watching him jump up and down with the music. I loved his Jag ... a bit like him run down and needing some attention. For those who are cautious about content in movies ... there is no sex, but there is swearing.

It is a simple story ... a common theme ... lost and found! I think the director and the script writer really captured the energy of NYC, which is the backdrop to the story. I really liked some of Keira's outfits ... particularly the pants. A good resolution in the ending ... not too overstated and not manipulative or too sentimental.

We recommend this film and give it 8/10 ... maybe 9. I am curious about what the reviewers think of it. If any of you have seen it let me know what you think. 

We leave in 2 weeks and I am not sure if we will get to see many movies from here on in ... sad!  




No comments:

Post a Comment