Monday, July 8, 2019

You Take the High Road ... I'll Take the Low Road



We are packed ... we have three bags between us, the grey packs are Pete's and mine. The last 8 days have gone by quite fast. We have enjoyed some heat and rest. Mike and Chris have very generously put us up at The Inn ... it is very comfortable there. The closer we get to leaving the more nervous I get ... I do hope that Lars' and Roxcy will enjoy themselves. It is a big thing for them to be willing to leave their Mum & Dad for nearly 4 weeks and travel with us round Scotland. I admire their bravery and sense of adventure. 



Roxcy bought a mascot for our trip ... Nessie, The Loch Ness monster. We are meant to make sure that she is in every photo ... I hope I remember. 





Last minute instructions from Mum & Dad ... it really is happening now. Everything seems like a good idea in the planning. Roxcy will really miss her MuM.



It takes about 2 hours to drive to Boston ... there is so much tension around leaving to catch a flight. I am not sure what that is about?? Maybe it is trying to work with a finite time frame ... so many things to remember, money, passports, and e-tickets, did we download them?



I know this is a grainy shot taken in haste, but I could not resist putting it up. Anyone who has been a parent will totally get this ... the love, the pride, the excitement and the little sign of separation anxiety, 'I hope they will be all right'!. It is all there. We all get this because we have been in that exact place ourselves ... many times as a parent. This photo says it all. Does that separation anxiety ever go away?



The last goodbyes ... Roxcy looks so sad from behind. She was so brave!



We flew out of Newark New Jersey. Had about a 2 hour wait here ... and waited for our plane to Scotland.



I finished my book on the flight to Newark ... the joy of reading for pleasure and the guilt. I felt like I should be reading books on attachment and catching up on all my professional development reading. I would not really recommend this book ... an average read but it had me hooked and the ending was satisfying. A quick and easy read.



Here we are seated on the plane, with Nessie on Roxcy's shoulder, waiting for take off. It was a quick flight but comfortable, a small plane ... 6 hours. Just a bit longer than the distance from SF to Boston.




Scotland here we come!

1 comment:

  1. Love the photos, esp of Mike n Chris.....your right in what you perceived this to be....I can see all of those emotions in this photo.....and Roxy going through the Xray thingy....great kids, wonderful parents.

    ReplyDelete