Monday, October 6, 2014

Turkish Airlines ...

So this happened on our flight to Kathmandu ...

Yes we got upgraded to Business Class! We arrived at the check in for Turkish Airlines and were told our flight was over booked, I thought 'What', but before we could say anything we were told we were being moved to Business Class ... I could not believe my ears ... I thought they must have got that wrong ... no, they hadn't and here we are sitting in our lazy boy reclining seats getting comfortable for our 6 hour flight to Kathmandu. What is not to like about this flight?

Here is what happens in Business Class ... in case you have always wanted to know ...

Complimentary drinks with our very own swizzle stick ... in glass ... not plastic ... we are living the high life here in Business Class. We also got very nice complimentary chocolates!

Our very own flight attendant dressed up like a chef for dramatic effect. Yep Turkish Airlines really want their Business Class passengers to 'feel the love'. I am feeling it! ( A little blurry.)

We have our very own toilet bag ... sorry about the blur! Inside this little gem is a hair brush with attached comb, air plugs, sox, eye mask, toothbrush and toothpaste, body cream, lip balm and shoe horn. We economy class people need to start rioting, the kind of deprivation that is experienced in economy seating is outrageous!

Again I am sorry about the quality of this photo ... I think I had the aperture open too much, but I had to post it anyway. This was delicious, hummus, stuffed grape leaves, artichoke, tabouli, roasted courgettes etc with some small side dishes, we had real knifes and forks, no plastic. Pete thought this was the main meal and kept asking our attendant for the lamb meal he had ordered, little did we realise that this was the first course! 

This is Pete's second course ... (the lamb he was asking for), I had Egg Plant Moussaka. The passengers in economy must be starving after their very meagre servings of dinner on a trolley trundling down the aisles ... those trolleys could seriously hurt anyone that got in the way. Whereas our meals were served by hand, by our very own attendant on large trays. I didn't even take a photo of our tray tables ... they are at least 2xs the size of the cabin seat tray tables. No hitting the elbows of the person next to us ... no having to wait while the 'special menus' are being handed out ... we are the special menus in Business Class. No worrying about spilling or dropping food or cutlery and wondering how to pick it up without having to contort myself into some very unnatural bodily position. Just as well I do yoga! If you do drop something in Business Class the attendant picks it up straight away, you don't even have to get out of your seat. No coming to the end of a meal and thinking 'I am never eating plane food again!' No that was not our experience, I would eat our Business Class meals again and again.

 This is how you sleep in Business Class ... note Pete is lying down ... I wish I had taken a full length photo. The hours of discomfort in economy trying to find a comfortable sleeping position is torture! I wish I had taken a photo of the size of our screen ... Pete says it was a good 32" at least maybe bigger. I don't think I can go back to economy ... I am ruined! Even with all of this luxury I did not sleep ... what was wrong with me!!

Then there is the view from Business Class ... what can I say ... WoW. No plane wing in Business Class, no craning your neck to look over someone else's big head that is in the way ... we had our very own view of this.

Economy had to wait patiently while we Business Class passengers got of the plane first. The evil looks we got, I was scared! (lol) Jesting aside ... it does not matter whether you travel Business Class or Economy ... we all ended up in the same line at Kathmandu Customs. No VIP treatment here

We will probably get one more post done before we leave for our hike ... 

2 comments:

  1. I've caught up reading all your posts! I am really enjoying all you're writing and your photos. Thank you for sharing these experiences.

    ReplyDelete