Monday, August 25, 2014

Searching for Sugar Man ... Rodriguez


Searching for Sugar Man ... Rodriguez

Those of you who know me ... like my family ... know how much I love Rockamentary films. There is nothing like watching a good film about a great band or music artist. We have watched a few ... our latest love in this genre is '20 Feet From Stardom' ... an absolute must see if you have not already.

We recently watched 'Searching for Sugar Man ... on the bus from Tarnevo to Sofia. Peter and Leonie Brunt recommended this movie to me a while a go ... I put it on my must see list, but did not get round to it until now. Sugar Man is a gem of a movie. We love the music ... kind of Dylan like sound. His story is really inspiring ... a lost music man who is a legend in South Africa but a musical failure in the US. His music really spoke to the people of SA ... in the early '70's.

The film unfolds beautifully ... there is so much good in the story of Sugar Man. Rodriguez is an unacknowledged hero in this film, on many levels. If you have a spare evening or wet afternoon and feel like sitting down and watching a feel good film about a forgotten music artist who sings and writes really good music and you have not already seen it,  I recommend you get this out and sit back and prepare to be surprised, possibly even inspired!

I want his music!


No comments:

Post a Comment